Tuesday, December 30, 2008



Our family had a wonderful messy Christmas!!

Some of the family even ran out of tape so they Rednecked tape a 12 pack of beer for our Chinese exchange!

We spent an evening with my sister and her family for the first time in about 8 years. We're trying to repair damage done to relationship over the years.

We had a blast with our friends Christmas party exchanging gift....we stole each other's gifts, laughing the whole time.

For dinner with my husband's family I checked out The Pioneer Woman Cooks' website to see what delish dish she had...the beef tenderloin looked great but when we check out the price per pound at my market it was $27.99!!! No way! So I cooked an beef eye of round like she did her beef tenderloin. Okay, it was okay but not the heaven on a fork like she said. LOL

This week I am alone in the house, just packing up the Christmas decorations, taking care of the many dogs (6), trying to fix my kitchen sink...can't figure out how to put the new faucet in.

Tonight is Tuesday...the date night for Mr. G and me. We try to go out to eat, touch, talk, reconnect and even whoopie if the mood strikes us. We'll see if Mr. G want to do a date night since we're in the holiday season.

Mr. G goes to Denver for 10 or more days next month...this is the darkest time of year for me...this time period is the hardest days of my year. He is gone, the days are so short so night fall is by 5:30, bills for the holidays come in each day...just the saddest part of the year for me. I've been looking at my calendar this year to try to think of things that will brighten those daylight hours.

We have a big New Year's Eve party to attend then it seems like winter blows in.




No comments: